Welcome to our newly identified PEAC Students for 2021!
Primary Extension and Challenge (PEAC) is a part time supplementary program for students in Years 5 and 6. Students are identified as suited to participation in the PEAC Program through testing in Year 4.
The PEAC program provides opportunities for talented students in Years 5 and 6 to:
- socially interact with other gifted and talented children;
- enjoy an intellectually rigorous and challenging program;
- interact with practising experts;
- develop higher order process skills and in-depth investigation skills;
- work on open-ended activities which encourage choice and negotiation; and
- undergo self/peer evaluation and reflection of performance.
PEAC Courses are offered in 3 rounds each year, running between 9 and 10 weeks each round. In their first round, Year 5 students complete the Introduction to PEAC (ITP) course and thereafter choose from all courses available. Year 6 students may choose from all courses in the booklet in all 3 rounds.