Criminal defence lawyer Stephen McGrath came to speak to students in the PEAC Law and Order course this week.
Students asked questions such as:
- Why did you decide to become a lawyer?
- What is your favourite part about law?
- Could you tell us about your most interesting cases?
- What do you do if you don’t believe your client?
- What do you think about diplomatic immunity? Is it fair and do you support it?
- What does double jeopardy mean and how does it work?
They found the experience very informative and reported that they learned what is involved in becoming a lawyer, about types of law, court procedures and cases as well as the work of a lawyer.