PEAC does not attempt to collect Personal Information* about you when you visit this website.
You can generally visit this website without revealing Personal Information*, unless you choose to provide it (for example, in the contact form or Student Information Form). The information collected by PEAC is dependant upon the actions undertaken when visiting the website.
Site Visit Data
PEAC records each visit and logs the following information for statistical purposes:
- the user’s server address
- the user’s top-level domain name (eg .gov, .com, .au, .nz etc)
- the type of browser used to access the site
- the date and time the user accessed the site
- the pages accessed and the files downloaded
- the referring website
This information assists PEAC to understand how the website is used and helps to keep improving information quality.
PEAC will make no attempt to identify users or their browsing activities, except where required by law.
Collection of Personal Information
Contact us form.
Your email address is recorded if you choose to send PEAC a message. It will only be used for the purpose for which you have provided it and will not be added to a mailing list, unless explicitly stated. Your email address will not be used for any other purpose, and will not be disclosed, without your consent.
Student Information Form.
PEAC collect and handle personal information about you or your child to provide education and services to your child, with their well-being, protection, and development in mind. PEAC may use it to contact you and provide resources we consider helpful in supporting your child’s journey and milestones (such as Records of Course Achievement, course related information and PEAC activities).
PEAC will not disclose personal information to any third parties outside of The Department of Education, other than in accordance with this Policy, without the consent of the data subject or their parent or legal guardian.
If you are asked for any other Personal Information* you will be informed how it will be used if you choose to give it.
* The use of the term “Personal Information” in this privacy statement means any information from which your identity is apparent or can be reasonably ascertained.
Storage of Information
PEAC take all reasonable and appropriate steps (including organisational and technological measures) to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss, and unauthorised access, modification, or disclosure. Some of the ways this is done include:
- requiring our staff to maintain confidentiality;
- implementing physical and network security measures;
- providing a secure environment and access control for confidential information; and
- only allowing access to personal information where the individual seeking access has satisfied our identification requirements.
PEAC will only store your personal information for as long as required for the purposes for which it was collected, or as otherwise required by the policies set by The Department of Education. PEAC will delete or destroy your personal information when it is no longer required for the purposes for which you gave it to PEAC or you have requested that PEAC delete it, and PEAC are not legally required to retain it.